NGO Vacancy Announcement – Creative Associates International InC. Ethiopia Project OfficeThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Creative Associates International InC. Ethiopia Project Office would like to invites competent and interested candidates for the following Positions.
Position 1: Social Network Analysts (Local Researchers for Social Network Analysis)
The individual consultants are expected to:
Work closely with the project’s program and MEL team to refine the statement of work propose an appropriate research design, data collection, and analytical tools using a combination of the desk study, individual and group interviews and mapping tools
Review the progress and preliminary findings from the citizen’s survey and Applied Political Economy Analysis research methodology and tools
Translate data collection instruments into Amharic and any national languages applicable in the three study areas
Oversee and manage the entire data collection process on field, and properly capture the data
Transcribe and format the data to be used by the selected SNA software (KUMU or as proposed by the consultants) Liaise with the other consultants of the project to determine what social network data has been collected (to build on in the SNA) and coordinate data collection with them.
Prepare actors map that clearly and completely shows the different actors in the project’s selected thematic areas and their relationships
Produce a cross-region and regional report with a clear, well-organized analysis and stakeholder map with recommended on key stakeholders to engage at different administrative levels. The map should
Recommend which key or influential actors, groups within the network (or potential network), and/or associations between the different actors can be approached by the project and how this could inform ECE programs on the field.
Advanced Degree in Sociology, Anthropology, Journalism or Political Science or relevant social science field;
Demonstrated skills in research analysis with at least 15 years of combined experience.
Proven experience conducting social research, using qualitative analysis tools and methods, actors mapping, open ended conversational interviews, transcription coding and analysis required
Demonstrated skills in conducting researches preferably Social Network Analysis (SNA) in Ethiopia and sound knowledge of the Ethiopian social and political context.
Proven experience working with government authorities, civil society organizations, and communities in Ethiopia and/or experience working with counterparts at the national and local government levels and understanding of governance, civic engagement, etc.;
Experience conducting research/assessment for USAID-funded programs will be preferable.
Experience using social network analysis software such as KUMU or similar software)
Advanced written and verbal communication skills required
Fluency in English and Amharic is required. Proficiency in other Ethiopian languages, especially in Afaan Oromoo and Af Somali is a plus
Workplace: Addis Ababa hub (including Sheger City) and two regional hubs (Dire Dawa and Dessie, and their surrounding rural areas)ddis Ababa
Deadline: August 12, 2023
Position 2: Grants Officer
- Ensure awareness and compliance with donor policies and guidelines through project kick-off meetings, regular project reviews, and ad hoc support to the implementing teams and sub-grantees.
- Coordinate project kick-off and close-out meetings.
- Assist in conducting sub-grantee due diligence, execute sub-grant agreements, memorandum of understanding (MOUs) and contracts, and organize project cycle meetings for sub-grantee.
- Collaborate on the planning and implementation of organizational capacity assessment and periodic review of potential sub-grantees.
- Support in the preparation and implementation of training and technical assistant, as required, to address capacity needs and reinforce grants management.
- Provide technical support, mentoring, and training to sub-grantees within the Addis Ababa hub.
- Assist the Sr. Grants Manager to mentor CSO (CBO/NGO) staff on their internal control systems and documentation process.
- Maintain all documentation related to sub-grant management.
- Maintain and update the reporting schedule of all ECE sub-grantees.
- Maintain all documentation related to sub-grant management.
- Maintain a filing system (soft copy) of all sub-grantee proposals, due diligence checks, agreements, modifications, program and financial reports, monitoring reports, and relevant correspondence.
- Coordinate with the Sr. Grants Manager to prepare and update Sub-grant tracking sheet and support plan.
- Assist Sr. Grants manager in organizing meetings, preparing a meeting agenda, and taking meeting minutes.
- Assist the finance team in checking sub-grantee’s financial reports and payment process.
- Support Sub-Grantees on financial reporting, documentation, disbursement management, spending plans and cash forecast, and general donor compliance.
- Support on the development and record maintenance relating to Sub Grant Agreements, Memoranda, Terms of Reference, and associated documentation.
- Assist the Sr. grants manager in preparing standard templates, and toolkits to ensure timely submission of narrative and financial reports.
- Participate in, and contribute to, sub-grant project review meetings, sub-grant monitoring and trainings as relevant.
- Collaborate with other program and finance team in conducting on-site assessments of internal controls and providing guidance and technical support to local partners.
- Keep the Sr. Grants Manager and Program Director informed of any Sub-grant compliance issues, major budget fluctuations, significant overspending or underspending as quickly as possible to ensure timely mitigation.
- Minimum four years of experience with at least two years’ experience supporting finance, grants and administrative activities for USAID-funded programs or donors of similar size and complexity.
- Experience working with civil society organizations and/or diverse communities preferred.
- Experience with USAID or donor-funded projects desired.
- Good problem-solving, stress management and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite applications.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits ability to multitask on a regular basis.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in other local languages is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel in Ethiopia.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Communicates clearly, politely, and effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent time-management skills.
Workplace: Addis Ababa
Deadline: August 31, 2023
Position 3: Regional Hub Finance, Grant, and Administrative Officer
- Prepare payment requests for technical and operational activities conducted at the regional hub and submit to the main project office in Addis for processing payment
- Prepare monthly cash forecasts for the regional hub
- Assist the regional hub manager in planning and budgeting
- Handle petty cash and prepare petty cash settlement and replenishment
- Follow-up on settlement of advances issued to the regional hub staff
- Review travel advance requests and travel reimbursement claims for the regional hub staff for accuracy and completeness before they are submitted to the main project office finance in Addis for processing
- Provide on-site support for trainings, meetings and workshops organized at the regional hub including venue booking, procurement of necessary materials, gathering and organizing participant attendance registers as well as preparing payment sheet for participants per diem and travel costs and submitting it to the main project office finance in Addis to process the payment
- Participate in conducting pre-award assessment and selection of local Sub-grantees
- Provide support to sub-grantees, and committees including scheduling and attending internal and external meetings.
- Participate in team meetings and team building efforts, activities, and provide capacity-strengthening support to sub-grantees, as required.
- In consultation with the regional hub manager and the grant manager, conduct field visits to monitor grantees and provide on-site support with respect to financial grant management, as needed.
- Responsible for all Sub-grant coordination with structured deadlines, ensuring compliance with donor regulations and Creative Associates policies and procedures within the project.
- Assist in the review of Sub-grant budgets and work plans, financial, and narrative reports and follow-up on compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of approved disbursement and follow up on timely release of the Sub-grants funds
- Assist the grant manager in tracking expenditures and commitments in line with the approved spending plans and the work plan
- Handle correspondence and matters regarding field grant management in consultation with the ECE field project and Finance team.
- Raise compliance issues proactively with the Deputy Chief of party and Grants Manager.
- Support with the maintenance of all paper and electronic Sub-grant files
- In accordance with Creative and USAID policies, provide day-to-day administrative and operations support to the regional hub including general office administration, logistics, inventory, and vehicle management
- Liaise with the operations manager and senior procurement officer at the main project office in Addis to facilitate procurement of goods and services for the regional hub. This may include solicitation of vendor quotes and offer analysis for recommending vendors for procurement of goods and services at the regional hub level
- Manage project vehicle and other assets assigned to the regional hub
- Manage fuel cards and conduct fuel reconciliations
- Handle lease agreements for the regional hub and ensure timely renewal of the agreement and payment of lease
- Ensure that Creative’s safety and security procedures are implemented at the regional hub as per guidance provided by the Project Security Manager at the main project office in Addis
- Provide HR support to the regional hub staff as per guidance from the HR Manager at the main project office in Addis, including gathering HR-related data and forms such as approved leave forms and medical expense reimbursement claims of the regional hub staff and submitting them to the HR office at the main project office
- Supervise all support staff at the regional hub level (i.e., drivers, office cleaners, and security officers)
- Facilitate regional team field travels, lodging and etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelors’ degree or professional qualifications in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience with at least two years supporting finance, grants, and administrative activities for USAID-funded programs or donors of similar size and complexity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and effective application of USAID regulations and procedures.
- Experience with USAID program finances and budgeting or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies, desired.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of official language of the region where the hub is located is advantageous
Workplace: Dessie and Dire Dawa
Deadline: August 31, 2023
Position 4: Regional Hub Manager
The Regional Hub Manager is responsible for overseeing the technical and administrative aspects of the Ethiopian Civic Engagement Activity within the assigned region/area. S/he is required to represent the program and facilitate strong, dynamic, and transparent relationship building with local civic and other relevant actors and maximize the impact of their engagement with the program. The hub manager will supervise technical and operational staff in the hub s/he assigned.
Reporting: This position reports to the Technical Program Director and will have a dotted reporting line to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Responsible for overseeing the execution of project activities within the hub in a timely and cost-effective manner and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the Creative agreement with the Client/USAID
- Formulate, organize, and monitor inter-connected teams.
- Coordinate cross-program activities.
- Contribute to the development of ECE ‘s annual work plans, work plan budget forecasts and other program management tools
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the regional hub.
- In consultation with the MEL team, participate in the development and maintenance of a monitoring and evaluation system to evaluate progress and impact, based on the agreed goals.
- Serve as a focal point for the consultants hired by ECE to conduct research and assessment activities in facilitating data gathering and organizing meetings with different stakeholders.
- Select respondents for KII, FGD, and others for research and assessment activities and facilitate communication
- In collaboration with the Grants team, lead the development of sound selection criteria and guidelines for identifying and selecting partners for funding and partnership.
- In collaboration with the Grants team, lead the technical pre-award survey and participate in the pre-award activities in his/her area of intervention.
- Conduct subgrantee/sub-partner monitoring activities within the regional hub
Partnership and engagement
- Establish effective working relationships with regional government, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the day-to-day relationship management of key stakeholders at the regional hub by providing accurate and timely program management and contract-related data.
- Contribute to the effective management of relationships with sub-contracting partners, managing the sub-contracts, ensuring partners are contributing inputs in line with agreements and that ECE’s best interests are protected.
- Establish strong networks and relationships with regional partners, government representatives, and other stakeholders to ensure good levels of program support and understanding as well as facilitate good levels of access to stakeholders by senior program staff and consultants.
- Establish communication systems with partners to ensure an enabling environment for partnership.
Human resource management
- Provide regular support and supervision to staff under his/her hub, including leading and evaluating the performance of program officers and administrative support staff.
- Liaise with ECE HR Manager on all HR matters relating to the regional hub staff
- Ensure that the regional hub staff adheres to Creative and donor policies, procedures, and guidelines
Finance, Procurement, and Logistics Management
- Oversee all financial and procurement transactions within the assigned hub to ensure that they are conducted in line with Creative and donor policies, procedures, and guidelines
- In collaboration with the ECE Security Manager, design and implement proper local safety and security procedures to ensure safety of the regional hub staff and project properties
- Submit monthly and quarterly cash forecasts for the regional hub to the main project office and monitor actual spending against the forecast
- Develop activity plan and budget for the regional hub and monitor progress against the activity plan and budget
- Ensure that vehicles and other assets assigned to the regional hub are properly managed and utilized in the implementation of project activities
- Collaborate with ECE Communication and outreach manager to gather important information for social media and for newsletter at their respective hubs.
- Support the development and plan of communication activities consistent with the ECE communication strategy in the Hub and closely work with the local media.
- Document successes stories, challenges, and lessons learned in her/ his hub and share them with Communication and Outreach manager through regular program reports
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of six years of professional experience with at least 4 years overseeing operations of a field office.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Ethiopia.
- Ability to understand and analyze national, regional, and local policies, creativity, and analytical capacity to design activities relevant to critical issues affecting the regions included in the regional hub.
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects desired.
- Good problem-solving, stress management, and time management skills.
- Demonstrable experience managing or implementing projects involving high-level interactions with key local government actors.
- Experience managing diverse staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Amharic is required. Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous [add language of area]
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, politely, and effectively.
Workplace: Dessie and Diredawa
Deadline: August 31, 2023
How to Apply
Use the application link which mentioned under each position.
On their application, candidates are required to indicate the location for which they are submitting their application.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
- Read the vacancy announcement carefully.
- Check the vacancy details with eligibility.
- Prepare your CV or Application Details.
- Finally, apply as instructed by the authority.
N.B: Sewaseweth.com website is an online jobs search engine for jobs seekers in Ethiopia and abroad. If you are looking latest jobs in Ethiopia and other contents you are in the right place. In addition to this, we offer you new international scholarship opportunities. Just remember to visit the official website for the latest jobs vacancy. You can access new job vacancies easily where you are.
Stay in touches and follows us on our social media platforms to get the latest jobs opportunities.
Join our telegram channel