Vacancy Announcement Farm Africa EthiopiaThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Farm Africa Ethiopia Career Opportunity 2022: Homestead Radio Global welcomes qualified and experienced candidates for the different positions. FRI Ethiopia is welcomes work searchers for arrangement.
The intrigued candidates can apply online through the authority vocation page of Homestead Africa before the end date of utilization. For more data if it’s not too much trouble, read the full article.
Initially called Farm Africa (Food and Horticultural Asset The executives), the foundation’s underlying points were to target ranchers and herders who had the limit with respect to extension; work with them to find answers for assist with lifting them out of destitution; draw on the most recent exploration; search for approaches that could be utilized all the more broadly by different networks, advancement gatherings and legislatures; and pitch victories and furthermore disappointments.
The intrigued candidates can apply before the end date of use. For more data if it’s not too much trouble, read the full article.
Farm Africa Ethiopia would like to invites competent and qualified applicants for the following job position.
Position: Community Development Officer (CDO)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: GBP 403 (Four Hundred Three Pound Sterling)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
REPORTING TO POSTHOLDER: None
LOCATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
DURATION & HOURS: Until December 2022 with the possibility of extension
Key areas of responsibilities are:
- Advise on the cultivation of vegetables, fruit trees and fodder crops, poultry production, and management, fish pond management with context-specific thinking (area plot, size, and climate)
- Work closely with the private firm assigned for design, layout, and construction of urban agriculture models in the project implementation site
- Design and assist in implementing demonstration plots for innovative vegetable production & agronomic practices;
- Provide technical support to the post-harvest handling and marketing of vegetable products;
- Working together with G4F program team and Farm Africa technical team to support smallholder farmers and poor HH to produce better
- Taking part in the supervision of works related to vegetable production and protection.
- Ensure that all agricultural activities are contributing towards the development of sustainable agriculture.
- Lead studies, assessments, documentation of best practices/lessons and activities related to urban agriculture.
- Advice project teams on best practices to ensure quality outcomes for all urban agriculture production activities.
- Work with the project and program team and technical expertise to develop and refine tools and systems in relation to horticulture production, agronomic practices, UA, and related.
- Work with project stakeholders to ensure they are inclusive in urban farming approaches that support smallholder farmers.
- Work with the PM, the programme’s MEL Expert, and Farm Africa’s Quality and Impact team, to ensure the programme’s M&E system properly monitors and evaluates Agricultural objectives.
- Work with Farm Africa MEL team in establishing baselines and follow-up of project indicators.
- Together with project staff prepare work plans and budget in line with the project proposal.
- Collaborating with the project staff, providing technical support, and liaising with the staff of relevant government partners and research organizations in the areas of urban agriculture.
- Actively participate in regular planning, monitoring, and evaluation of project progress.
- Ensure that voluntary farmers & beneficiaries are targeted in the implementation of activities.
- Develop training manuals and other knowledge products relevant to UA
- Coordinate and run training on improved agronomic practices in collaboration with Farm Africa and partners staff.
- Provide training on climate-smart vegetable, production for project beneficiaries including sensitizing climate change and its adaptation.
- Monitor and document the project progress, lessons, good experience, and impact with the community representatives.
- Submit weekly/bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and bi-annual as well as field reports to the Program Manager.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with GO and NGO and community members.
- Keep up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice examples, to ensure ongoing organizational and personal development and learning
Education, qualifications & other knowledge MSc/BSc in Animal Science, Animal Production, Plant: Sciences Disciplines
Knowledge of the poultry development, fishery management, horticulture, development & policy environment in Ethiopia
At least five years of practical work experience in the field of animal production, Horticulture production, small-scale irrigation, UA, nursery management, and related.
Very good English and Amharic language skills (written and spoken)
Application Deadline: October 30, 2022
Method of Application:
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Community Development Officer (CDO) by 30 October 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Farm Africa does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (E.g., Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Stay in touches and follows us on our social media platforms to get the latest jobs opportunities.
Join our telegram channel