Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme (Fully-funded)Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- Level of Study: Master’s and Doctoral
- Institution(s): Government of Ireland
- Study in: Ireland
- Deadline: October 20, 2022
- Courses Offered: All disciplines can apply.
- Program Period: 1- 2-year research masters, 3-4 year PhD program
The Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship Program is an established national initiative funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education and managed by the Council.
The Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship Program is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for postgraduate education funded by the Irish ecosystem. Among its features are:
- Individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- An objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- Funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology; and
- Awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
Pioneering proposals that introduce new and innovative fields of research or innovative and creative approaches are welcome. Ideas of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged, as it is recognized that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools, and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
The Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship Program is highly competitive and has an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful awardees under the program are recognized for their demonstrated world-class potential as future research leaders.
Strategic funding partners
A number of government departments and agencies, in partnership with the Irish Research Council, offer the Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship Program as a means of achieving common national objectives. The Irish Research Council’s strategic funding partners for 2023 are:
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth
- Department of Foreign Affairs
- Met Éireann
Government of Ireland Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- A stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- Eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Ireland Scholarship
To be eligible for Master’s and Doctoral Scholarship Presented by Government of Ireland in All disciplines, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Required Languages: English
Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Applicant must have a first class or upper second class honours bachelor’s, or the (equivalent) degree. If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first class or upper second-class honours. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final.
- Applicant must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the scheme, including strategic partner themes within the scheme.
- Applicant must be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department or school.
- Applicants applying for a research master’s scholarship, must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants applying for a PhD degree scholarship must not currently hold or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Applicants will fall under one of two categories based on nationality and residency.
- For category I, applicants must meet BOTH of the following criteria: be a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland AND have been ordinarily resident in an EEA member state or Switzerland for a continuous period of 3 of the 5 years preceding October 1st.
How to Apply for Government of Ireland Scholarship?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- Register on the online account from here and complete the applicable registration form as prompted.
- Complete the applicable registration form as prompted. Once you have filled in the required details, click ‘submit’ at the bottom of the registration page. A confirmation email will automatically be sent to the email address you have provided. This email confirms that you have successfully registered for the online system and will issue you with a username and password.
- Once you have received your username and password, you should access the online the system here using the login details provided.
- When you log into the online system, you will be presented with the ‘home’ screen below where you can create and edit your application prior to the applicant deadline and then submit it.
For more information, click here.
List of Approved Universities
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- College of Computing Technology, Dublin
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design, and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- The National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Technological University for Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
How to apply
Potential applicants should read the call documentation carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
To know more about Government of Ireland Scholarship, please visit official website:
|Call open||16:00 (Irish time) 8 September 2022|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 13 October 2022|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 20 October 2022|
|Supervisor deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 27 October 2022|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 3 November 2022|
|Call outcome||End of March 2023|
|Award start date||1 September 2023|
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.
If you do not find the answer to your query in the call documentation, you should contact the research office in your proposed institution which will provide information and clarification on the call. Research offices can send any queries they are unable to clarify to firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B: Sewaseweth.com website is an online jobs search engine for jobs seekers in Ethiopia and other countries. If you are looking latest jobs in Ethiopia and other contents you are in the right place. In addition to this, we offer you new international scholarship opportunities. Just remember to visit the official website for the latest jobs vacancy. You can access new job vacancies easily where you are.
Stay in touches and follows us on our social media platforms to get the latest jobs opportunities.
Join our telegram channel