International Rescue Committee Jobs Vacancy Ethiopia 2022Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people survive and rebuild their lives. In the year Founded in 1933, the IRC provides life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is focused on implementing community-managed integrated programs to improve the quality of life of disaster-affected citizens and promote the participation of individuals, including disaster-affected communities, in strengthening institutions and emergency response. .
As a member of IRC Ethiopia’s senior management team, the Deputy Director, Emergency (DDE) provides leadership and strategic direction to all IRC’s emergency response programs, both directly implemented and implemented by partners. DDE manages the IRC’s emergency response team and two donor-funded emergency rapid response systems, working with national and international partners.
The International Rescue Committee would invite applicants who meet the following criteria to apply for the following vacant positions.
Position 1: Senior Policy and Advocacy Manager
Requisition ID: req31854
Employment Type: Full-Time
Workplace: Addis Ababa
- MA/BA degree from an accredited university in education, international development, social sciences or related field;
- Minimum of 5 – 6 years of advocacy/stakeholder engagement experience and demonstrable results of influencing others
- Proven track record of and knowledge of engaging with government policies, strategies, priorities, systems, and structure.
- Demonstrated success in staff capacity-building and in participatory, flexible, and gender-sensitive programming and implementation
- Demonstrated success in developing advocacy and/or communications strategies.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Fluency in English required, and fluency in Somali language is strongly desired.
For details and to apply, Use this link address: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/31854?c=rescue
Position 2: Deputy Director of Emergency
Requisition ID: req31796
Employment Type: Full-Time
Workplace: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 6 plus years related experience with Postgraduate or with first degree, respectively.
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience at a senior level, in emergency response program management, coordination in emergencies, and emergency program design
- Oversees/international experience with an international NGO is advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience, at a senior level, in emergency response program management, coordination in emergencies, and emergency program design.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large, multi-sectoral grants, including monitoring budgetary spending and devising course-correction strategies, indicator tracking, detailed donor and internal reporting, coordinating clear program modifications, and sub-granting.
- Demonstrated experience in representation and ability to interact professionally with donor and external program stakeholders.
- Proven ability to convene/chair high profile meetings and ability to productively interact with a wide range of organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and capacity strengthening of staff.
- Strong ability to communicate concisely and with impact in English.
- Consistent track record of proactively identifying and communicating potential problems and proposing solutions.
- Must be able to function effectively in a sophisticated work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with competing priorities and pressure.
For details and to apply, Use this link address:
Application Deadline: October 8, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
N.B: Sewaseweth.com website is an online jobs search engine for jobs seekers in Ethiopia and other countries. If you are looking latest jobs in Ethiopia and other contents you are in the right place. In addition to this, we offer you new international scholarship opportunities. Just remember to visit the official website for the latest jobs vacancy. You can access new job vacancies easily where you are.
Stay in touches and follows us on our social media platforms to get the latest jobs opportunities.
Join our telegram channel