Vacancy announcementThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
About Management Sciences for Health
Eliminate Tuberculosis from Ethiopia (ETBE) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the goal of reducing TB incidence and mortality by improving the quality, access, utilization, and sustainability of TB services. This project builds on the work of previous USAID activities (Challenge TB, HEAL TB, TB Care, and others) that have been supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP) to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and STOP TB milestones. ETBE’s support focuses on improving access and utilization to quality and patient-centred comprehensive TB services.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit organization that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from Ministries to communities, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help and ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) would like to invite qualified and interested job seekers to apply for the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Finance Intern (2)
Reports to: Senior Finance Accountant
Workplace: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
While the main focus of the internship is to help the graduates have gained a professional skills and experiences in the areas of Finance & Administration, the Intern will assume responsibilities in providing overall financial and administrative support to the MSH Finance unit. S/he will assist training payments are made in accordance with MSH policy. Ensures that financial records are maintained in accordance with MSH policies and donor (USAID) rules and regulations. Collaborate with procurement, event management, and contract unit to ensure a smooth conduct of activities are held at field. Based at central office Addis Ababa, provides both a field and remote support to the regional offices.
Collect required training/workshop documents from participants and trainers for payment preparation.
Monitor smooth conduct of trainings/workshop in collaboration with the training coordinator such as ensuring availability of stationery materials, proper venue and hotel services are in place.
Prepare trainings/workshops payment sheets and make ready for review and bank payment.
Collect vendor’s Cash Receipt Vouchers for hall rent, refreshment, and lodging payments.
Make a follow up with banks to ensure timely receipt of payments by payees
Prepare Payment Vouchers, Journal Vouchers, and Deposit Vouchers.
Assist proper filing of financial documents such as labeling box files, put paid and cancellation stamp on vouchers.
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related business field from a recognized university is required.
Preferably graduated within the past 2(two) years.
Some professional experience in the areas of accounting is preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
Ability to work independently, take initiative, and able to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
Good computer skill in Microsoft office: MS-Excel & MS-word Ability to travel within county up to 75% of the time.
- Good spoken and written English
- Amharic and other MSH working languages
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of MSH.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, sex or gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, birth, national origin, age, national origin, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are hired and that its employees are treated without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status. In compliance with US Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Rehabilitation Assistance Act, MSH has developed an affirmative action plan and plan.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through MSH career website
Application Deadline: August 05, 2022