Vacancy Announcement – Marie Stopes International EthiopiaThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Marie Stopes International Ethiopia would like to invites competent and interested candidates for the following positions.
Position 1: Anesthetist
Under the supervision of the MSIE Specialty Centre Manager, Anesthetist assesses pre-operative patients, provides anesthesia, and carries out intra and post-anesthesia patient care. Ensures that all the required inputs for anesthesia administration are readily available and the machine is always in working conditions.
- Takes patient/client history for pre-anesthetic assessment, examines, and gives the necessary precautions before operation in consultation with the gynecologist/ obstetrician.
- Ensures that the anesthesia unit is equipped with the necessary machinery, equipment, medication, and supplies.
- Keeps the center’s resources in an orderly and cost-effective manner.
- Follows patients in intensive care unit that require his/her skill in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Takes the leading role in providing anesthesia for patients undergoing an operation in collaboration with the obstetrician/gynecologist and other team members in the operation theatre.
- Makes sure the patient/client is given the necessary preoperative care including consent and appropriately handover to the concerned team for post-operative care.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Make an on-time report for the clinical incident that happened in the center as per the guideline of MSIE.
- Performs related tasks as required.
BSc in Anesthesia
Four years directly relevant experience
B. Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours.
- Good Communication skills
- Good skill to evaluate patients to ensure their capacity to withstand and go through the Anastasia procedures.
- Ability to make logical and timely decisions
- Special Training in Anesthetic
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: Adama MCH
Type of Employment: Full Time
Position 2: Driver Mechanic
Under immediate supervision of Finance and Administration Officer OR Fleet Manager, the Driver Mechanic drives vehicles, ensures that the vehicle is in good working conditions, keeps the tools safely, keeps the vehicle clean and presentable, and ensures the timely annual inspection and road-worthiness certificate acquisitions, records daily movement mileages.
- Drives the vehicle assigned to him/her safely, with strict observance of traffic rules and regulations and the organization’s internal policy;
- Ensures that the vehicle is utilized for the sole purpose of the organization’s work;
- · Checks and ensures the timely filling and rational use of fuel and oil supplies to the organization’s vehicles;
- Ascertains that the necessary appliances (spare tyre, fire extinguisher, tools, etc.) are readily available in the vehicle;
- Ensures proper cleanliness, maintenance, servicing repair and safe keeping of the vehicle.
- Ensures the annual inspection of the vehicle before the set deadline.
- Distributes/collects letters, packages, parcels and messages on behalf of the organization;
- Collects, transport and deliveries pharmaceutical goods
- Fills in fuel and oil consumed and kilometer readings before and after any travel on appropriate transport forms and submits same to his/her immediate supervisor;
- Fills up the vehicle log book accurately and submits on regular basis to the transport supervisor;
- Informs to his/her supervisor any incident or safety problems faced up on travel immediately;
- Conducts standard checks of the vehicle every day before operating and ensures that regular maintenance work is carried out at recommended Km reading.
- Performs related tasks as required
A. Qualification Requirements
Diploma in Auto mechanics or 10th complete certificate with 3rd Grade or Public I, Driving License
Two years of experience for Diploma and six years for 10th complete certificate
B. Skills, Attitudes and attributes
- Good sense of cleanliness;
- Knowledge about vehicles operations;
- Good knowledge of the main roads and side roads around the work areas.
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: Jimma Program Office based at Jimma
Type of Employment: Full Time
Workplace: Jimma, Oromia
Position 3: Druggist/Storekeeper
- Takes responsibility for storage of /RH related pharmaceuticals storage and uses adopted procedures and standards in accordance with national policies and standards and ensures proper implementation
- Puts to use proper stock control, utilization, timely ordering and restocking of drugs, contraceptives, and consumable medical supplies
- Makes sure all medical and non-medical materials are stored in appropriate places away from rain, dust, pilferage and deterioration
- Issues the right kinds of supplies, contraceptives and medicaments according to the prescriptions given;
- Gives proper explanation and direction to clients on the type of contraceptives or medicaments issued;
- Alerts the supervisors that contraceptives and other medical supplies are utilized before their expiry dates;
- Ensures that all types of medicines and supplies are safely and properly kept and maintained;
- Prepares and submits stock reports as per the organization’s rules and regulations
- Prepares and disburses stocks in consultation with the concerned units and approval of the clinic manager
- Consolidates drugs, medical and non-medical supplies, and equipment annual purchase plan;
- Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned by the Project Co-ordinator
Diploma in pharmacy
Two years as Junior Druggist, in procurement, storage and distribution of pharmaceuticals
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Good Customer handling and awareness of quality care;
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of supplies;
- Awareness of MOH and donors guideline;
- Strong oral and written communication;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: Hawassa
Type of Employment: Full time
Deadline: August 18, 2023
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to download the job application form from https://www.mariestopes.org.et/join-our-team/ and email to: Humanresource@mariestopes.org.et before the closing date of this announcement i.e. within ten (10) days.
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Candidates Who Do Not Follow These Instructions Will Not Be Considered.
Msi Ethiopia Reproductive Choices Strongly Encourage Female Candidates To Apply!
- Read the vacancy announcement carefully.
- Check the vacancy details with eligibility.
- Prepare your CV or Application Details.
- Finally, apply as instructed by the authority.
N.B: Sewaseweth.com website is an online jobs search engine for jobs seekers in Ethiopia and abroad. If you are looking latest jobs in Ethiopia and other contents you are in the right place. In addition to this, we offer you new international scholarship opportunities. Just remember to visit the official website for the latest jobs vacancy. You can access new job vacancies easily where you are.
Stay in touches and follows us on our social media platforms to get the latest jobs opportunities.
Join our telegram channel