NGO Vacancy announcement – Farm AfricaThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Investing in smallholdings is the primary way to fight poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading non-governmental organization working to improve agriculture, protect the environment and develop businesses in rural Africa.
Farm Africa would like to invite qualified and interested job seekers to apply for the following vacant position:
Job Title: – Office Assistant
Workplace: Bale Robe, Oromia
Purpose of the role
Performing cleaning duty, assist with different maintenances in the office, and giving courier service from and to the organization. Ensuring the overall management of stocks in the field office store. Assist in different office errands such as managing the photo copier, distribution of letters and memos, handling guests and answering the telephone. Assistance as required to different departments in the organization.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Undertake regular cleaning service for the field office
- Ensures that the store remains clean, tidy and that access is tightly controlled
- Provide assistance in the office regarding photocopier and binding documents by ensuring safe keeping of original documents
- Assist in making arrangements for meetings and in-house workshops
- Distribute letters, memos, faxes and other documents
- Make coffee & tea at field office
- Answer the telephone and transfer calls or take messages
- Assist the field office in accomplishing a range of day-to-day activities
- Carries out office errands such as delivering documents to and between offices when called upon to do so
- Provide assistance in preparing outgoing letters and correspondences and keeping a proper filing reference.
- Assist in the establishment of proper and modern filing system (electronic and physical).
- Provide assistance in flight bookings & hotel reservation for FARM Africa staff and visitors/guests
- Ensure financial documents are kept appropriately in archive and keep clear the finance archive
- Assist the cashier/accountant in handling payments of taxes on a monthly basis
- Assist in photo copying financial documents needed in bulk
- Support and stand in for the Store keeper when s/he is away from duty
- Handle the payment of utilities in the absence of the logistics officer
These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
Category: Accounting and Finance, Admin, Secretarial and Clerical
Qualifications & other knowledge:
10/12th grade complete or above
Computer skills and knowledge of using Fax, Photocopier and internet
Work Experience: Two (2) years relevant work experience
Skills & abilities:
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload independently, using initiative when appropriate;
- Ability to work methodically, with above average attention to detail;
- Pleasant and polite attitude at all times; ability to reflect the professional standards of FARM-Africa;
- Interest in and commitment to FARM-Africa’s activities, enthusiasm to represent FARM to others.
- Show good manners with staff and guests
- Dynamic and highly motivated;
- Excellent communicator at all levels;
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
How to Apply the vacancy;
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Community Development Facilitator by 7 August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: August 07, 2022