UNOPS Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement 2022:Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
UNOPS upholds the effective execution of its accomplices’ peacebuilding, philanthropic and advancement projects all over the planet. Our main goal is to serve individuals deprived by growing the capacity of the Unified Countries, states and different accomplices to oversee undertakings, framework and obtainment in a reasonable and productive way. Working in a portion of the world’s most difficult conditions, our vision is to progress reasonable execution rehearses, continuously fulfilling or outperforming our accomplices’ assumptions.
With more than 7,000 faculty spread across 80 nations, UNOPS offers its accomplices the calculated, specialized and the executives information they need, any place they need it. An adaptable design and worldwide arrive at implies that we can rapidly answer our accomplices’ necessities, while offering the advantages of economies of scale.
UNOPS Ethiopia would like to invite qualified and interested Job seekers to apply for the following position:
Position: Procurement Intern
Job Vacancy Summary
The procurement intern will assist in:
- Specification revision, preparation of solicitation documents and evaluation of bids
- Contract management and documentation
- Logistics Management & Support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
The procurement Intern will have the opportunity to learn and work on how to:
- Facilitate filing of contract documentation, and ensure completeness of files per their respective checklist
- Assist in the preparation of reports, solicitation documents, and contracts
- Assist in bid evaluation and price/quotations comparison analysis;
- Assist in the receipt, verification, and acceptance of goods and services procured on behalf of partner organizations,
- Assist in the collection of customs clearing, fund transfers, and permits review of payments and verify completeness of the documents and adherence to internal procedures,
- Assist in the handover of procured items to partners
- Assist in updating asset record and periodical verification; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the team.
- Contract type, level and duration
- Contract type: Internship
- Contract level: NA
- Contract duration: Six months
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related fields.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience.
- Applicants should have graduated from the above-stated fields within three (3) years prior to the date of the application of the internship.
- Knowledge of usage of Google suite applications is an added advantage
- Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- UNOPS embraces diversity and it is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or disability.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
All UNOPS personnel are responsible for performing their duties in accordance with the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNOPS Policies and Instructions, as well as other relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, all personnel must demonstrate an understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in a manner consistent with UN core values and the UN Common Agenda.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2022
How to Apply
Interested applicants should use the link below for applying.
Stay in touches and follows us on our social media platforms to get the latest jobs opportunities.
Join our telegram channel