Vacancy Announcement – Australian Embassy EthiopiaThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Australian Embassy Ethiopia would like to invite qualified and interested job seekers to apply for the following position.
Position 1: Program and Policy Officer
Agency: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Position number(s): 20369
Section: Policy Section
Reports to (title): Second Secretary (Policy)
Salary: ETB 39,512 per calendar month + medical insurance program
About the position:
Under direction, the Program and Policy Officer is responsible for supporting the Embassy’s management of Australia’s relationships with countries of accreditation, as well as reporting on pan-African issues and priorities including humanitarian, agriculture, , trade, development and peace and security. The Officer will also support the management of the Embassy’s small grants program.
- The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Research and report on political, security, humanitarian and economic affairs in countries of accreditation, particularly South Sudan, including preparing media summaries.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong working relationships with a range of key internal and external stakeholders to support Australia’s relationships with humanitarian and development partners and report on key economic, development, humanitarian and political issues arising.
- Represent and promote the interests of Australian at a range of forums, events and meetings and provide advice on Australian participation, operational and policy issues.
- Manage the Embassy’s small grants program (DAP), including all financial records, arranging payments, and the design and implementation of the program and selected projects.
- Assist with evaluation of the Embassy’s small grant projects, including field visits in countries of accreditation as required.
- Support the management of the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP) under the direction of the relevant A-based officer.
- Contribute to communication materials, social media content, and events aimed at raising awareness of Australia’s assistance and other activities in countries and organizations of accreditation.
- Manage financial and other document storage, in line with departmental guidelines and requirements.
- Prepare briefings, and assist with visitor programs, events, and other projects.
- Perform other duties and back-up as required.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent knowledge/expertise in relevant discipline such as international relations, international development, or political science.
- Excellent written and communications skills in English. French, Amharic and other Ethiopian language skills desirable.
- Strong program management skills, including financial and records management.
- Well-developed interpersonal and networking skills, including flexibility and adaptability.
- Proven organizational and project coordination skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate effectively within a team and across teams.
- Strong IT skills, including an understanding of social media and other communication platforms
Deadline: December 10, 2023
How to Apply
Applicants should read the Position Description and complete the application pack at the link below. The application is your opportunity to tell the selection panel why you want to work in this role at the Embassy, what you can offer the Embassy and how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
Do NOT attach additional documents to your application email. If you do so, your application will NOT be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
To apply, please submit the Application Form to Recruitment-AddisAbaba@dfat.gov.au
The Australian Government is a competitive and equal opportunity employer. For details click HERE
Applications close at 11:30pm Sunday, 10 December 2023.
- Read the vacancy announcement carefully.
- Check the vacancy details with eligibility.
- Prepare your CV or Application Details.
- Finally, apply as instructed by the authority.
Please click the link below and read more updated jobs:
N.B: Sewaseweth.com website is an online jobs search engine for jobs seekers in Ethiopia and abroad. If you are looking latest jobs in Ethiopia and other contents you are in the right place. In addition to this, we offer you new international scholarship opportunities. Just remember to visit the official website for the latest jobs vacancy. You can access new job vacancies easily where you are.
Stay in touches and follows us on our social media platforms to get the latest jobs opportunities.
Join our telegram channel