The Government of Canada is an equivalent open doors manager and invites applications from different areas of the local area. Competitors will be viewed as founded on merit. Our association offers a comprehensive working environment where regard, cooperation, and coordinated effort are important for our way of life.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Canada’s missions abroad are focused on advancing and supporting a climate liberated from badgering and segregation, as well as empowering and supporting representatives to master and foster their abilities and skills.
Job Title: Program Assistant – Administrative
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, language* and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate when applying to the position how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
*Language will be assessed further during the process.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education.
- A degree from an accredited university or college
- Advanced level in English (written and spoken)
- Advanced level in Amharic (written and spoken)
A minimum of 2(Two) years recent* experience delivering administrative support in a professional office setting, involving tasks such as: responding to esquires and requests for partners and stakeholders; keeping up-to-date mailing lists for organizations and other key contacts; disseminating information and invitations; and/or managing budgets.
Experience drafting general correspondence, reports and/or professional emails for internal communications.
Experience in assisting with logistics, coordination, protocol and event planning.
*Recent is defined as within the last 5 years
The Rated Requirements are part of the essential qualifications and are relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies. Methods of assessment for rated requirements may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview (online pre-recorded/live or in-person), role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
Knowledge of general office procedures and practices, including effective correspondence by email
- Effective communication (written and spoken);
- Strong judgement, tact and discretion;
- Attention to detail;
- Willing to learn and adapt; and
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and be flexible and organised under pressure;
- Able to perform basic financial computations and transactions;
- Able to work with computer software, such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and databases;
- Ability to conduct research using online resources;
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications.
- Fluency in French (written and spoken).
- Fluency in Afaan Oromo.
- Master’s Degree.
- Significant experience managing a budget.
- Experience dealing with Protocol and VIPs.
- Experience working in an Embassy.
- Experience organizing events.
- Knowledge of the African Union.
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Hours of work: Monday to Thursday, 08h00 to 17h00 (8.25 hours per day), Friday 08h00 to 12h30 (4.5 hours per day).
- May be required to work overtime.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends).
Conditions of Employment:
- Conditions of employment must be met or complied with before being appointed to a particular position, and are to be maintained throughout the employment while being the incumbent of this position.
- Valid work authorization: Ability to obtain and hold a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period.
- Security screening: Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security level) which includes a criminal and credit background check from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
Other conditions of employment:
- Copies of educational qualifications will be required at the interview stage of the process.
- Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence).
- Ability to meet the medical requirements as defined by the employer. The successful candidate(s) may be required to undergo a medical evaluation.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
Term Details: This position is a Locally Engaged Staff position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Ethiopia.
Salary: 463,182 ETB
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: July 25,2022
How to apply:?
You must submit your application using the “Apply” function. Only applications submitted via VidCruiter will be considered unless a valid reason is presented and accepted prior to the closing date.
Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience. Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
Applications that do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or which are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
Candidates who are unable to submit their applications due to technical difficulties must report these to LES-E-Recruitment-BRLIN@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
The language requirement for this position is identified under the essential qualifications (language). In consequence, the assessment process for this vacancy will be conducted in English.
Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
Candidates must provide an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
Reference checks may be sought for candidates who succeeded all of the assessments.
Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Ethiopia does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
Before an offer of employment can be made, successful candidates must provide a local residence address as proof of residence in the specified area of selection. This information is necessary to issue a letter of offer.
As recently announced by the Government of Canada, the Policy for Mandatory Vaccination: Canada and the Mission Network is suspended as of June 20, 2022. The Government of Canada will continue to assess the need for additional public health measures, including the possible reintroduction of a vaccination mandate at a later date.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact us at LES-E-Recruitment-BRLIN@international.gc.ca to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
The results of this selection process may also be used to establish one or more pools of fully or partially qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at the Embassy of Canada to Ethiopia which might arise following the completion of this selection process.
For Canadian citizens/residents and Canadian dual nationals, please note that it is your responsibility to enquire with the Canadian Revenue Agency about any possible taxation implications linked to employment with the Government of Canada.
APPLY HERE NOW
N.B: Sewaseweth.com website is an online jobs search engine for jobs seekers in Ethiopia. If you are looking latest jobs in Ethiopia you are in the right place. Just remember to visit the official website for the latest jobs vacancy. You can access new job vacancies easily where you are.
Stay in touches and follows us on our social media platforms to get the latest jobs opportunities.
Join our telegram channel